Norton Rose Fulbright offers a global financial restructuring and insolvency service, helping businesses in all sectors. We are at the forefront of many of the most significant cross-border restructuring and insolvency cases involving complex multi-jurisdictional issues and regional insolvency laws. We have more than 50 offices and over 3,700 qualified lawyers in 33 countries. Our multilingual and culturally proficient lawyers have the experience to address issues posed by local laws and customs when cases cross borders.
We use the wide range of legal disciplines of lawyers from our worldwide offices in the fields of banking and finance; corporate, M&A and securities; employment and labor; to meet the challenges throughout all stages of a restructuring matter. Our ability to staff multi-jurisdictional deals using solely Norton Rose Fulbright personnel means we can offer our clients seamless service in all relevant jurisdictions.
Our clients includes lenders, private equity and distressed debt funds, hedge funds, bondholders, corporate debtors, liquidators, examiners, office-holders, creditors, committees, management and other relevant stakeholders. We have represented clients in some of the world’s highest-profile cross border bankruptcy and restructuring cases ranging from large multi-national mega-cases to significant regional businesses. Representative clients include: Alpha Bank, Asian Development Bank, Banco Bradesco, Bank of America, The Bank of New York Mellon, Citibank, Commerzbank, The Export-Import Bank of China, HSBC, NextEra Energy, Mercuria Energy Group, AIG, AT&T, BMW, Canadian National Railway, Cell C.
Our areas of work include:
- Complex loan restructurings
- Cross border recognition Proceedings
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans
- Bankruptcy and insolvency litigation
- Valuation and solvency proceedings
- Complex bankruptcy investigations
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Official committee and ad hoc representations
- Executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses, and forward, swap and trading contracts
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets
- Sale and purchase of distressed debt and portfolio sales
- Lender liability disputes
- Municipal bankruptcy and insolvency
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice with lawyers based in more than 50 offices across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
For more information about Norton Rose Fulbright, see nortonrosefulbright.com